Los Angeles County officially moved into the Red Tier this past Monday at 12:01 am, based on the 2 million minimum vaccinations given throughout specific regions of CA (and LA county). The COVID-19 matrix numbers (7 or fewer new cases per 100,000) released this Tuesday also supported our placement in the Red Tier (4.1 cases per 100,000, 2% positivity rate, and 2.8% health equity metric). This allows grades 7-12 to open in schools, provided that all local and state guidelines are followed.
In opening our campus, there are several items to keep in mind.
- Students will need to use the SchoolPass app (on their phone or iPad) to complete the daily health survey before they enter the line to have their temperature taken, a required step to being permitted to enter the campus. The student/parent version of this app can be found in the app store on your phone or iPad. A link is also provided on the Resource page in myMHS.
- All persons on campus must wear a mask.
- Lexington students will attend classes on campus on Mondays & Tuesdays (A and B Days)*.
- Concord students will attend classes on campus on Thursdays & Fridays (D and E Days)*.
- Students will need to maintain physical distance while on campus.
- Food services will be available at break and lunch, offering individually wrapped items. We ask that students please use Apple Pay, Google Pay, or a debit/credit card in making these purchases. Cash will not be accepted.
- Most importantly, if your student is not feeling well, you need to keep them at home.
* Unless you have received confirmation from the Academic Office of an approved schedule change for your student.
As we prepare for this exciting beginning of Maranatha Hybrid learning, it is important to continue to practice good health protocols and follow all the COVID-19 protocols put into place by the school. We have done so well up to this point. I have confidence that we will, and can, continue to keep our campus safe.
I know you may have questions or would like further information on this matter. For this reason, we encourage you to attend the Parent Forum tomorrow evening at 6:30 pm on Zoom. The Academic Team, led by Principal Tim Fenderson, will be presenting final information and instructions for the re-opening of our campus.
I look forward to seeing you all soon. As we return to campus, I want to remind us of our school verse for the year. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” - Matthew 5:16
Please pray for our athletes and their families as we have the great blessing of hosting our first Girls' Soccer game this Thursday at home in over a year, and our first home Football game vs. Whittier Christian on Friday night! Let us shine our lights with the joy of the Lord for all the community to see as we re-open our campus!