We are looking forward to having our students return to campus and are finalizing campus preparations as COVID-19 cases and other indicators continue to move in a positive direction. We are diligently monitoring reports from local health agencies and state officials in anticipation of meeting the criteria for LA County to move to the “Red Tier”. Once we have been in the “Red Tier” for two consecutive weeks, we will be allowed to open in a modified format.
Our Return to Campus Team has prepared a comprehensive Site Plan, in compliance with the Department of Public Health regulations and guidelines, which details the measures we are implementing to keep our students and staff safe and healthy when they return to campus.
Protocols you should expect on campus include:
- Health screenings and temperature checks will be conducted daily.
- Physical distancing of at least 6-feet will be followed.
- Face coverings will be required while on campus.
- Directional signs on campus must be followed.
- Hand washing should be frequent, and access to hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Rigorous cleaning of high traffic surfaces will be conducted daily.
Here are things families can do:
- Students should stay home if they are showing any signs or symptoms of an illness.
- Virtual appointments with faculty/staff should be utilized instead of in-person meetings whenever possible.
- Honestly communicate to the school any instances of immediate family members testing positive for COVID-19, and keep your student home.
- Honestly communicate to the school known exposure to COVID-19 and keep your student home for the quarantine period (14 days).
- Reach out via email with specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be sending weekly updates regarding the status of LA County and the "next steps" as we look to open our campus. Watch for these updates each Wednesday in your email and posted on the Resource page in myMHS.
Head of School