Maranatha international student admissions is very selective based on student’s academic record, English proficiency, and willingness to participate in the wide range of co-curricular and extra-curricular offerings.
Most openings will be in grade 9, with grades 10 and 11 applications considered for a wait list. Applications are only considered for full academic years, beginning in August of each year. No spring enrollment.
Applicant qualification requirements:
- Applying for Grades 9-11
- Academically motivated and successful (minimum of 80% overall score or 3.0 GPA)
- Prepared for full immersion classes taught in English* (Maranatha does not offer ESL)
- Interested in participation in curricular and co-curricular activities
- Emotionally and socially mature
- Willing to participate in Bible course for credit each year
- Representative of a variety of countries
- Respectful of world cultures and values
Additional Admissions Details
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCORES: (choose one) or contact our admissions staff for other options
- *TOEFL scores for grade 9 are recommended to be 70+ and for grades 10-11 recommended to be 80+
- iTEP scores of 4.5+
- ISEE is required for students currently living in the United States and attending a U.S. school. Students currently residing in another country or applying to grade 10 or higher do NOT need to take the ISEE.
- No other entrance tests required
Students currently living in the U.S. must progress to the next year of school. For example, students studying in grade 9 while living in the U.S. must apply for grade 10 the following year.
Students currently living in a country outside of the U.S. may choose to repeat a school grade to allow for adjustment in English immersion and western education. For example, students currently living in China and enrolled in grade 9 may choose to apply for grade 9 or 10.