International Homestay Program
Provided for I-20 and Green Card students
Maranatha features a unique school-managed International Student Homestay Program. Students live with our experienced, caring and supportive American families, experiencing cultural immersion and a home environment conducive for learning. As a result of the homestay experience, our students gain confidence and develop socially and emotionally, enabling them to thrive during their high school years.
Homestay families provide:
- A warm supportive environment
- Transportation to and from school, school events, and social activities
- Explanation of local cultural differences and Western education standards
- Support for academics and outside tutoring if needed
- 3 meals a day
- Optional weekly church attendance with their family
Host families are carefully screened before being accepted to our Homestay Program
Required of all applicants:
- Background check
- Driving record check
- TB test
- Application and Recommendation letters
- Home-site visit and interview
- Orientation and training 2 times per year
Maranatha does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, or income when selecting host families.
Students fill out a questionnaire to facilitate matching with host families. Questions include information on:
- Allergies or special diet needs
- Preferences for pets, children, etc.
- Preference for quiet or lively home environment
Our Homestay Coordinator in charge of the Homestay Program:
- Selects the host family for each student
- Provides cultural training
- Is available to international students on a daily basis on campus
- Receives monthly feedback from host families
- Visits the home each semester to meet with students and families
- Address concerns and assists in adjustments
- Provides semester reports to parents
An international parent may request that their student live with them or with a close relative in the area. If our administration approves this arrangement, the family will not pay the regular homestay fee. Instead, an advising and support fee of $3,500 is added to the Tuition and Fees for the 10 months of the academic year.Are you interested in hosting an international student?
Contact us at email@example.com