International Homestay Program
Provided for I-20 and Green Card students
Maranatha features a unique school-managed International Student Homestay Program. Students live with our experienced, caring and supportive American families, experiencing cultural immersion and a home environment conducive for learning. As a result of the homestay experience, our students gain confidence and develop socially and emotionally, enabling them to thrive during their high school years.
Homestay families provide:
- A warm supportive environment
- Transportation to and from school, school events, and social activities
- Explanation of local cultural differences and Western education standards
- Support for academics and outside tutoring if needed
- 3 meals a day
- Optional weekly church attendance with their family
Host families are carefully screened before being accepted to our Homestay Program
Required of all applicants:
- Background check
- Driving record check
- TB test
- Application and Recommendation letters
- Home-site visit and interview
- Orientation and training 2 times per year
Maranatha does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, or income when selecting host families.
Students fill out a questionnaire to facilitate matching with host families. Questions include information on:
- Allergies or special diet needs
- Preferences for pets, children, etc.
- Preference for a quiet or lively home environment
Our Homestay Coordinator in charge of the Homestay Program:
- Selects the host family for each student
- Provides cultural training
- Is available to international students on a daily basis on campus
- Receives monthly feedback from host families
- Visits the home each semester to meet with students and families
- Address concerns and assists in adjustments
- Provides semester reports to parents
An international parent may request that their student lives with them or with a close relative in the area. If our administration approves this arrangement, the family will not pay the regular homestay fee. Instead, an advising and support fee of $3,500 is added to the Tuition and Fees for the 10 months of the academic year.Are you interested in hosting an international student?
Contact our Homestay Coordinator, Angeline Chew, at firstname.lastname@example.org