Any student that is interested in participating in any of the extracurricular Performing Arts Productions can audition. Each type of production has different guidelines and requirements. Please read them carefully before signing any contract. Audition forms and sign-up sheet will be available through this page and/or the Theatre Room (SC201).
Watch for Upcoming Auditions...
Auditions for ZOMBIE PROM will be held after school on Monday, November 7, 2016 ONLY, with Call Backs on Wednesday, November 9, 2016.
Students interested in auditioning for this show must pick up an audition packet from Mr. Blessinger in the Theatre Room (SC201) prior to November 7th and sign up for an audition. The AUDITION SCHEDULE for that week are as follows:
Monday, November 7, 2016
3:30-6:45 p.m.: Open Call Auditions
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
3:30-6:00 p.m.: Call Backs (if necessary)
Please refer to the following documents in preparation for your audition:
AUDITION FORM AUDITION GUIDELINES CHARACTER LIST
General Requirements for Theatrical and Dance Company Auditions:
- Come wearing appropriate, form-fitting dance clothes and bring your jazz shoes.
- You will be tested in center and across the floor warm-ups that will include, but not be limited to: battements, double/triple pirouettes, leaps, turning stag leaps, calypsos, double pique turns, tilt jumps and surprise leaps. Dancers are expected to have their full right and left splits and close to a full middle split.
- Prepare a 30 second to 1 minute solo in any dance style, providing your own music and costuming.
- View and rehearse the Zombie Prom audition choreography HERE (a breakdown is also provided HERE).
- 30-60 second comedic or dramatic monologue (initial audition).
- Sides will be available from all shows for the call back audition.
- Each actor will fill out an audition form and attach a headshot and bring both to the audition.
- For “Zombie Prom” students will also need a 16 bar, rehearsed Broadway show tune (fully memorized and prepared). Students should bring the music completely marked for the audition pianist.
- Selections of 16 bars of “Zombie Prom” music will be available in the audition packet for call-backs.
Email Jeremiah Blessinger for more information on upcoming audition opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org.