As a community, we believe we have been called to serve as Jesus Christ served. With compassion, love, hope, courage, and wisdom, we strive to be the hands and feet of Jesus to love and care for those in the Pasadena and Los Angeles areas.
As a community, we commit to the following:
- We commit to love the least, the lost, the last, and the lonely of Pasadena and the surrounding communities;
- We commit to model a heart of service, humility, and a love for others;
- We commit to partner with what the Lord is already doing in the Pasadena area through churches and local ministries;
- We commit our clubs to play a leading role in opening doors of opportunity for students to serve the local community;
- We commit to provide school-wide service projects;
- We commit to pray that the Lord would soften our hearts so that we can encounter the Lord through service;
- We commit to be intentional in discovering the true needs of those living in the Pasadena area and working towards meeting those needs.
There are several opportunities for students to serve our community and our world. Some of these opportunities have been forged by the staff of Maranatha for the benefit of the students.
For more information on service opportunities, please contact your Theology teacher.